We’re proud to announce that we’re officially partnering with Kevin Bacon’s SixDegrees.Org Foundation to help support PLAY ON: Celebrating the power of music to make change!
PLAY ON unites today’s great artists to nourish our souls and nurture our communities. With music as the soundtrack of social change, this star-studded event will raise money to end hunger and fight for social justice. On December 15th at 8PM ET, PLAY ON will be broadcast from legendary venues and air on CBS, YouTube, and SiriusXM to energize the nation to end hunger, meet critical human needs, and pave the way for transformative social justice.
In this moment marked by global pandemic, unprecedented hunger, and public outcry for justice, there has never been a more important time to PLAY ON!
Join the party, with appearances from the likes of Bruce Springsteen, John Legend, Ringo Starr, Bon Jovi, Sheryl Crow, Maren Morris, Ziggy Marley, and many others!
As part of the PLAY ON team, our foundation will be joining forces with Kevin Bacon (producer) and his foundation, SIX DEGREES.ORG (key organizing body). The money we raise, of which 100% will donated to PLAY ON, will be submitted through Six Degrees. We’re really looking forward to working with both Kevin Bacon and Stacy Huston (whom you may recall we have showcased on our podcast).
What your donation does:
– Directly connects millions of individuals and families to nutritious foods and builds the capacity of America’s food providers to respond to rapidly increasing need.
– Provides critical resources to fuel community-driven solutions to HUNGER rooted in social, environmental, racial, and economic justice.
– Builds and strengthens grassroots-led movements for food justice and advances the human right to nutritious food for all.
– Trains and equips thousands of people to grow food sustainably.
– Ensures that Black Americans are not punished or exploited because of their economic status, but rather are able to live, work, and thrive without racially imposed barriers.
– Fights for equal opportunity in our K-12 schools and diversity in higher education.
– Donations go to WhyHunger and the Legal Defense Fund (LDF)!
All event expenses have been underwritten by sponsors, so 100% of your donation (plus our match at 50% up to $2,500) will go towards ending hunger and transforming social justice!