So many Americans have had employment hours cut, are currently furloughed, or have lost their jobs/sources of income entirely and are gravely in need of assistance with even the most basic human necessities such as food, cleaning supplies, diapers, and personal care products. We want to help, and we know that many of our friends, family members, and Foundation supporters do as well.
From Seattle to New Rochelle, from Baton Rouge to San Francisco, food banks across the country are doing what they do best – feeding people in need within their communities. The Feeding America network is the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States including in disasters and national emergencies.
The most vulnerable people in our communities need help now more than ever. Here’s how Feeding America is responding to the challenge:
- Launched the COVID-19 Response Fund, a national food- and fund-raising effort to support people facing hunger and the food banks who help them.
- Working with government leaders to ensure the emergency response includes strong support and flexibility for federal nutrition programs including the School Lunch Program
- Partnering with school districts and local government agencies to ensure that the 22 million children who rely on school meals have access to food outside of the classroom
- Building an inventory of emergency food boxes to distribute to food banks across the country as the need for food assistance increases
- Providing emergency grants to food banks to support local response efforts
- Safely continuing distribution of food and non-food and household items like cleaning supplies, diapers and personal care products
In response to the #COVID19 pandemic, please help us help feed those in need! Our goal is to raise
$500 $1,000 by Sunday, March 29, 2020, for Feeding America‘s COVID-19 Response Fund. The Schnick Family Foundation will match your donations up to $500 $1000.
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues, Feeding America is committed to serving communities and individuals facing hunger across America, wherever they are. Every dollar raised from the COVID-19 Response Fund will be used to get food and funds to local food banks across the US.
You can help us be there for our neighbors in need during this time of uncertainty. Click below to donate now!